Pause for a moment and take a deep breath. How does the air feel like? Does it smell? Do you trust that the air in your home is clean? You may not like the sound of this, but the answer is a big NO.
In fact, a study that was conducted in two cities in Texas back in 2006 for 17 weeks revealed that there exists up to 2,000 dangerous microbes in the air that we assume is clean. Don’t be surprised that these airborne germs are responsible for uncountable health problems that plague many people every day such as ulcers, skin rashes, diarrhea, fever, coughing to name a few. What makes these airborne bacteria and viruses so lethal is that they are microscopic, thereby invisible to the human eye.
You may be tempted to stay indoors so as to avoid the contaminants in the outdoor air. However, that would not be prudent.
Why? Because studies indicate that indoor air is much more polluted than the air outside!
Particle pollution is more concentrated indoors than outdoors. And since all of us spend close to 90% of our time indoors, it means we are all at great risk of succumbing to infections. Infants, children and the elderly people are more vulnerable owing to their weaker immune system. People with mild or severe allergies are also at great risk.
How Can You Protect Yourself From Bacterial And Viral Air Pollutants?
How can you ensure that you keep your air clean and protect you and your family from harm?
Technology has come to our rescue, as air purifiers can do exactly that cleaning job for you to ensure that you and your loved ones are out of harm’s way.
How Does a Purifier Clean The Air?
This appliance has a set of internal fans that suck the surrounding air so that it passes through the series of filters in it thereby cleaning the contaminants in the air. Thereafter, the clean air is ejected, and the cycle continues again and again.
Now that you know that you definitely need an air purifier for your home or office, your next instinct is to go online and search for which one to buy. Your search may yield a plethora of different brands and models of these devices, and you may be left wondering which you should purchase.
We are here for you, so do not wonder any longer and do not wander any further! We have compiled a comprehensive list of the best air purifier for bacteria and viruses. Read on, and be enlightened, ready to select your choice
1. Germ Guardian AC4825
This 3-in-1 air purifier that contains True HEPA filter is ideal for allergy sufferers. It contains a charcoal filter responsible for removing odors and fights germs using the UV-C light technology. Presence of Titanium Dioxide makes it effective in killing germs, viruses, and bacteria. The device is compliant with manufacturing standards and boasts a 22-inch and 3-speed tower that circulates more than 4 times in the house. It is cost-effective in the long run as replacement requires only one filter, unlike other purifiers that demand all three or four. The HEPA filter is highly efficient as it captures 99.97% of allergens and dust as tiny as 0.3 microns.
- Contains HEPA filter to trap small microns
- Performs exceptionally well with reducing odors
- Filter replacement is after 6 to 8 months
- Operates silently and smoothly
- It is energy efficient
- Lightweight in design thus easily portable
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Some customers have found it a challenge to replace the filter
- Works only for small sized rooms
2. VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series
It comes in a black and tall design with a stand at the bottom. This stand allows the purifier to balance well on the floor or other sections of the house. It has four activated carbon filters and its good performance results from meeting standard tests from National Laboratories. Customers can change this purifier from the tower model to table sized shape depending on their needs.
- High-quality standards such as 99.97% germ elimination
- Offers good value for money
- 100% ozone-free
- Has an auto shut-off safety feature making it safe for homes with babies
- Environmentally friendly & operates quietly
- Has the longest lasting filters that need a change from 6 to 12 months
- Comes with a 2-year warranty and lifetime support
- Not powerful enough
- Has a significant noise when operational
3. Pure Zone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier
This purifier will safely sanitize the air in your home or office within a few hours making it healthy to breathe. It is a powerful device with a sleek and modern design that blends well with typically any décor. This easy to setup device is fully optional with a three-speed setting and an auto timer to prolong the life of the 3-in-1 filter. The true HEPA filter guarantees that this unit will successfully eliminate 99.97% of particles from the air. Has a coverage area of up to 200 square feet.
- Night setting that allows the device to operate stealthily
- It is very quiet when running
- Has an automatic timer that shut off the appliance after2, 4 or 8 hours of continuous operation
- Highly efficient owing to the true HEPA filter
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Complicated to operate thus not ideal for elderly people
- Seems to dry out the air when operational
4. Honeywell 50250-S
This purifier comes with surround seal technology that reduces leakages during operations and undertakes cleaning in three levels. Its air intake meets the 360-degrees threshold while coordinating entry and discharge of air. The product meets certification standards and has a strong base that makes it stable at any position. Sucks allergens in the air at a rate of 99.97% and takes in particles estimated at 0.3 microns.
- 360-degrees air intake thus maximum efficiency
- 3-stage filtration system
- Easy to maintain the pre-filter
- Works perfectly well in large houses
- Convenient input and output system
- Comes with an indicator that alerts when filter change is needed
- Does not filter out carbon monoxide from the air
- It is expensive
5. Green Air Encore
This beast consists of four operating modes namely, auto, fan, silent and night. It is highly sensitive to air change and has an indicator at the top with blue light. It has Ion-Cluster technology that purifies air, dismantles bacteria and eliminates microbes in the air. Installed with HEPA filters, this device is ideal for large surface areas; it can cover an area of up to 1000 square feet. It is fitted with a non-ozone purifier and conserves energy very well.
- Efficient 3-stage air filtration system
- Equipped with 4 operating modes
- Comes with a light indicator that shows the air quality
- Whisper quiet operation
- Ideal for large spaces
- Expensive compared to most air purifiers in the market
- Sophisticated to operate
6. ENVION Ionic Pro Turbo Ionic Air Purifier
This device has a dust removal rate of 99.9% and destroys bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It is whisper quiet when operational and removes particles within one hour. It is significantly durable and easy to operate and clean. It boasts high-energy efficiency and consumes less power than a fluorescent bulb. It is ideal for large and medium-sized rooms because of its sleek tower design. Besides, a moderate price, this purifier comes in a black and tall design that makes it suit any decor at home or office.
- Does not produce sound during operations hence convenient at night
- It is good value for money and durable
- Cleaning is easy
- The tower shape of the purifier makes it ideal for all sorts of environments
- Good energy conservation
- Requires hiding to keep away from children
- Delicate design
Poor Indoor Air Quality – The Causes, Effects, and Solutions
The air around us is, simply put, contaminated. But you don’t have to grieve over it. Now that you are empowered with a deeper knowledge of the best air purifier for bacteria and viruses take action and right the wrong. Get an air purifier! Remember to check the specifications to ensure that what you buy is sufficient for the room you intend to use it in. Protect yourself and your loved ones from harm by making a smart choice.