Having access to pure, clean drinking water is a must for a healthy life. It is easy to assume that since our tap water in our homes looks clean and smell okay, it is safe for drinking.
But the likelihood is high that it has unimaginable levels of contamination from a variety of chemicals, heavy metals, bacteria, and other pollutants. If you are not ready to invest in standard water filtration methods that can be quite expensive, a pitcher is a great and cost-effective alternative to start on the path of drinking safe, purified water.
On the other hand, it is a practical backup plan if your other water filtration systems fail. The type of pitcher to go for will depend on your personal needs and preferences. They differ in design, size, water capacity, filtration rate, the life of the filter, and the method of filtration.
But all these water pitchers are highly rated because they are effective and efficient in filtering out contaminants from water and removing chlorine. Here, we arm you with information that will enable you to choose one among the best pitchers that will suit your needs.
So, without further ado, let’s begin reviewing five of the best water pitcher filtering system.
1. ZeroWater 10 Cup Pitcher
This is perhaps one of the most effective water pitchers on the market. It stands out from the rest because of its unique 5 stage filtration system that removes 99.6% of total dissolved solids, including removal of chlorine. This contemporary 10-cup capacity pitcher is equipped with a dispenser at the base that makes it convenient to use.
Another plus is the battery-powered TDS meter that assures you that you’re getting cleaner, drinkable water. Its premium-priced but highly efficient filters require replacement after 40 gallons.
- Unique and efficient 5-stage dual-ion filtration process
- Space-saving design allows it to fit into your refrigerator
- NSA certified for reduction of lead chromium
- Equipped with a free water quality meter that lets you test the water
- Comes with a convenient dispenser at its bottom
- Has a slow filtration rate owing to its enhanced 5 stage filtration system
- Expensive filter replacement when compared to other pitchers
2. EHM ULTRA Premium Alkaline Water Pitcher
This pitcher comes with an amazing 6-stage filter cartridge that not only removes chlorine, heavy metals and other contaminants from your water but adds calcium, magnesium, potassium, and anti-oxidants. Thus it produces easily-absorbable alkaline water of pH value of between 8.5 and 10 that will hydrate you faster and more effectively. In fact, it has been voted “Best Alkaline Mineral Water Pitcher” for four years in a row (2014-2018).
Its 1-gallon capacity assures that you will not frequently be refilling it. The fact that filter-change is recommended after 80 gallons makes it rank among the longest lasting pitcher filters.
- Specially formulated 6-stage filtration capacity
- Fast filtration rate
- A fabulous design that allows it to fit into most refrigerators
- Made high quality, approved materials
- Minor design issues, as the jug is too bulky and the lid isn’t quite stable
- Has no replacement indicator
3. Brita Large 10 Cup Everyday Water Pitcher with Filter
This simple, yet oval design pitcher means it space-efficient, especially for your fridge. It is made from 100% BPA-free clear plastic, ideally for small families or lower water consumption. Conveniently, it comes with a filter indicator that leaves no room for guesswork as to when to replace the filter. The soft grip handle makes it very easy to pour your water.
Furthermore, its lid is removable, meaning you can refill the pitcher easily without taking it out of your refrigerator. Not only will this Brita pitcher reduce bad tastes and odors from your water, but it greatly reduces various metals contaminants and bacteria. Its filter will necessitate replacement after filtering 40 gallons of water.
- Filter indicator that alerts when filter change is needed
- 100% BPA-free plastic
- Simple, classy design that saves on space
- Comes with a soft grip handle
- The lid is removable allowing for refilling while in the fridge
- Approximately two months of filter use
- Only comes in white color
- Small design, not ideal for large families
4. Nakii Long-Lasting Water Filter Pitcher
True to its name, this Japan-made pitcher is unique for its long-lasting activated carbon filter. Although medium-sized, serving up to 1.8 gallons, it will filter 150 gallons of water before necessitating replacement. This translates to about 400% better value than other brands. Additionally, its filters made with advanced technology will filter out 97% of chlorine, mercury, rust, and suspended particles, leaving your water odor-free and tasty. Most users are thrilled with the sleek, functional design that makes it fit on most refrigerator doors and can be refilled without removing the lid.
- Hi-tech Japan-made activated carbon filters
- Long-lasting filters, lasting up to 4 months
- Uses patented ACF military technology
- Fast filtration, taking only a minute
- Comes with a convenient easy-to-pour spout and easy-to-fill lid
- Reduces hardness and limescale content from water
- Made from FDA-approved materials, BPA-free
- Some users have complained it is hard to use
- Contains no filter indicator
5. BWT Austrian Quality Compact Water Filter Pitcher
Made with the patented BWT Magnesium technology that ensures it reduces chlorine, heavy metals, and scale. It has an interesting and innovative design that has won numerous awards. The filter itself adds magnesium to the water, to improve taste and increase the health benefits of the water. This magnesium will enhance the aroma and taste of tea and coffee
- Made from 100% BPA-free plastic
- Free 60-day filter included
- One of the best priced
- Mineralized water by adding much-needed magnesium
- Contains silver to provide antimicrobial protection and prolong filter life
- Stable performance all through the filters life
- Fast and efficient filtration
- Filter replacements are expensive
- Small design, hence not ideal for heavy use
- Some users do not like the flavor of water
Armed with this information, we believe that now you will be able to get the most appropriate water pitcher for your needs. Choosing the best water pitcher filtering system for your home is an important and cost-effective way to protect you and your loved ones from harmful substances present in our tap water. Need we say more? Go out and get yourself one.